Hiring Organization: Sioux Falls Regional Aiport
This position works both under direct supervision and independently. The person performs cleaning and maintenance of the airport passenger terminal, terminal grounds and other airport owned buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans and polishes brass, chrome and other metal work.
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes restrooms and replenishes supplies.
- Window cleaning.
- Trash removal.
- Mopping floors.
- Operating floor cleaning machines such as scrubbers, carpet extractors, buffers, etc.
- Assist in snow removal at the terminal during snow events.
- Performs other duties and functions as are necessary to the proper performance of this position.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties an employee assigned to this position may be required to perform.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to learn and follow cleaning practices.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines and requirements for use of cleaning products and equipment.
- Ability to follow assigned checklists to ensure completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of pavement construction including the ability to read construction plans.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating manuals and maintenance instructions.
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform manual tasks.
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work around moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and extreme cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of electric shock and vibration. Exposure to extreme sound decibels is routine.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- Graduation from a standard high school, GED certificate or trade school.
- A minimum of one year of experience in custodial cleaning.
- Must be able to speak and understand English to communicate with passengers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and maintain Federal background check requirements.
- Must be willing to work afternoons, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be dependable and able to report to work on time.
2801 Jaycee Lane
Sioux Falls, SD 57104